WHY HOT YOGA?
We often get asked why we practice our yoga hot.
Some published benefits of practicing in the heat include:
the heat means we can get into postures more deeply and effectively - plus the benefits of the postures come quickly. Like thousands before
you, you will find that practicing yoga in the warm room creates a satisfying and almost addictive feeling of achievement.
The benefits are many:
- Your body burns fat more effectively; fat may be redistributed and burned as energy during the class. It is common to lose inches of shape in a
very short time.
- The heat produces a fluid like stretch allowing for greater range of movement in joints, muscles, ligaments, and other supporting structures of
- Capillaries dilate in the heat; more effectively oxygenating the tissues, muscles, glands, and organs and helping in the removal of waste
- Your peripheral circulation improves de to enhanced perfusion of your extremities.
- Your metabolism speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids.
- You benefit from a strengthening of willpower, self control, concentration, and determination in this challenging environment.
- Your cardiovascular system gets a thorough workout.
- Your muscles and connective tissue become more elastic and allow for greater flexability with less chance of injury, and improved resolution of
- Sweating promotes detoxification and elimination through the skin - which is the bodies largest eliminating organ.
- Just as when your body raises its temperature to figh infection, the raised temperature in the room will assist in improving T-cell function and
the proper functioning of your immune system.
- Your nervous slystem function is greatly improved and messages are carried more efficiently to and from your brain.
- Metabolism improves in your digestive system and in the body's cells (tht is food in the gut and nutrients in the cells)