Experiencing a yoga class for the first time or the hundredth time should be enjoyable, stress-free and should include considerate behavior to all
other students in the class and to the teacher.
- Make it part of your yoga practice to arrive at least 10 minutes early
- Please silence all cell phones and pagers
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio
- Don't come to class if you are ill
- Do not engage in conversation during practice
- Please store your belongings in the spaces provided. Do not bring bags, backpacks, clothes, etc to the practice floor
- Please do not disrupt class or meditation by leaving early, it is disruptive to other students and disrespectful to the
- Follow the Teacher. It is better to stay still and skip a pose than to do your own thing during class.
- If you need to take a break lie quietly in savasana rather than watching others practice
- Do not wear any scents; perfumes, after shave, or oils.
- Please dress appropriately for your yoga class
- Please observe quiet before and after class
By following these basic yoga class etiquette tips you will help make yoga a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved. The most important thing... enjoy your yoga
- Clean your area and your borrowed mat before hanging it to dry. Bring an extra towel.